7. Vinuva Organic Nero d’Avola, Terre Siciliane, ITALY £16.40 £3.30 £4.15 £5.70
The most important and exciting red grape of Sicily: big and juicy fruit with rich smooth intensity and spice.
8. El Púgil Tempranillo, Toro, SPAIN £17.40 £3.50 £4.35 £6.00
El Pugil throws a ripe cherry, raspberry and wild strawberry punch, backed by a soft creamy palate.
9. Portillo Malbec, Uco Valley, Mendoza, ARGENTINA £20.40 £4.10 £5.15 £7.10
Plums, blackberries and a touch of vanilla: fresh fruit flavours, supported by a touch of spice.
10. Beaujolais-Villages, Pascal Clément, FRANCE £21.00 £4.20 £5.25 £7.30
Soft, strawberry fruit on the nose with a silky palate and finish.
101. Flagstone Longitude Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon-Malbec, (14% ABV) AUSTRALIA £21.40 £4.20 £5.20 £7.20
Plenty of dark berry fruits on the nose, again appearing on the juicy palate which finishes soft and lingering
11. Veramonte Merlot Reserva, Casablanca Valley, CHILE £21.40 £4.30 £5.30 £7.40
Richly full of black berry and cherry aromas with hints of mint and a creamy, velvety texture.
12. Cairanne Côtes du Rhône Villages, Dauvergne Ranvier, FRANCE £24.00
A dark and brooding wine with ripe red and black hedgerow fruit, a balancing freshness and fine tannins.
13. MMM Macho Man Monastrell, Jumilla, Casa Rojo, SPAIN £29.00 Big, boisterous fruit-packed wine with rich berry flavours on a silky-smooth finish.
14. Puro Malbec, Mendoza, ARGENTINA £30.00
Sweet blueberry and violet on the nose with shavings of milk chocolate and a touch of vanilla pod. Made from 100% organically grown Malbec grapes.
15. Dashwood Pinot Noir, Marlborough, NEW ZEALAND £33.00
Lifted cherry and plum flavours layered with an attractive earthy, gamey character and a smooth, lingering finish.
16. Rolland & Galarreta Ribera del Duero,SPAIN £34.00
Aromas of cinnamon, lavender, and black cherry lead to a smooth-textured, elegant and fleshy palate.
17. Château des Bardes, Saint-Émilion Grand Cru, FRANCE £35.40
The wine has rich, fruit aromas: juicy, sweet tannins backed by soft touches of vanilla-toastiness from time spent in oak.
18. Baigorri Rioja Garnacha, SPAIN £39.70
Ripe, red fruit profile with floral notes of violet and pansy alongside hints of spicy cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.
19. Amarone della Valpolicella Classico, Bolla, ITALY £48.00
The traditional method of semi-drying the grapes first ensures an enveloping, velvet richness with marzipan, raisin and date flavours.
20. Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Clos de L’Oratoire des Papes, Ogier, FRANCE £49.40
Surprising floral nose with notes of grass and acacia, evolving onto more classic notes of red berries: ample palate, with fine tannins and silky length.
21. Nuits-Saint-Georges, Louis Jadot FRANCE £65.00
Classic, rich, desuctive Burgundy. A typically pungent bouquet and a full sturdy structure, no surprise from this famous village.
22. Chimney Rock Cabernet Sauvignon, Stags Leap District, USA £73.00
Dry, smooth and silky in the mouth, very rich, waves of cherry, blackberry, blueberry, cocoa and sweet cedar flavours, wonderfully elegant.
23. Château Haut-Bages Libéral, 5ème Cru Classé Pauillac, FRANCE £76.00
Characterised by its powerful structure, which is also fleshy with beautiful ripeness to the fruit: the tannins are integrated and elegant and the wine has a remarkable freshness.